Learn how to develop a funding strategy for your business; explore different types of finance and learn when, and how, to use them.
- 4 weeks long
- 3 hours per week
- Taught by: Jane Hughes
- Learn for FREE
- Upgrade for $74. What’s this?
- View Full Details
Open University Online Course Details:
Every business needs cash to grow and develop. Some can find enough cash from their operations. Others might need external sources of finance, like a bank loan. So how does a business make robust decisions about borrowing?
Whether you are in a micro business, a small to the medium-sized organization, or a large firm, this online course will guide you through finance options. You will consider traditional and alternative finance options; evaluate what type of funding is suitable for your business; and develop a financial statement and funding strategy, to make the right decision.
What Will You Learn?
- Assess the role of cash management in business and the relationship between cash management and business performance
- Consider the benefits and drawbacks of different sources of finance
- Understand the relevance of liquidity and solvency when managing a business
- Evaluate the role of cash flow forecasting and assess future cash requirements
- Understand the risks, benefits and drawbacks of different types of funding
- Decide on a suitable type of funding and assess risk-return issues
- Assess how and why alternative finance activities, such as crowdfunding, have evolved
- Assess the benefits and risks of alternative finance for business borrowers
- Evaluate the use of equity funding, both private and public equity issues
- Assess the role of private equity, and the benefits offered by different types of private equity for funding business growth
- Explore behavioural finance issues in investment decision-making