- Doane University via Edx
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- 50 hours of effort required
- 6,269+ already enrolled!
- Skill Level: Mixed
- Language: English
This course is part of the Healthcare Administration MicroMasters program which consists of 7 courses and a capstone exam. After completing the program, you can also apply to Doane University to complete your MBA online for approximately $10,500 (learn more about the program here).
Leading organizational change can be a challenge for anyone. Doing so in a large, heavily-regulated environment such as healthcare without theproper tools to develop, coach, and mentor employees is a recipe for failure. Such dynamic environments call for skilled, strong leaders to guide the way and develop successful, functional teams.
Learn foundational skills critical to leaders, including communication skills, coaching, mentoring, negotiation, and motivation theory. This course will also explore team development through facilitation and collaboration. Assess your personal style of leadership by learning more about strengths and areas of improvement. This course will also focus on practical strategic thinking practices, leadership theories and leadership style development, and how leadership style can be used to think and act strategically.
What you’ll learn
- How individual development, including communication skills, coaching, mentoring, negotiation, and motivation theory, works within a leadership role.
- Examine team development through the topics of facilitation and collaboration.
- Analyze individual strengths and areas of improvement within leadership.
- Assess your personal style of leadership.
- Describe practical strategic thinking practices and leadership theories.
- Evaluate how leadership style can be used to think and act strategically.
More Related Courses:
University of Michigan via Coursera
36,871 students enrolled!
★★★★★ (1,061 Ratings)
This Course is Part of a Leading People and Teams Specialization
Bocconi via Coursera
29,991 students enrolled!
★★★★★ (839 Ratings)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.