The Open University’s Centre for the Public Understanding of Finance created this course, with the generous support of True Potential LLP.
- 4 weeks long
- 3 hours per week
- Taught by: Martin Upton
- Learn for FREE
- Upgrade for $74. What’s this?
- View Full Details
Open University Online Course Details:
Research shows that UK households are poor at investment management, with a limited understanding of choices, risks and returns.
This could mean that many people cannot afford to retire in future.This online course will give you the tools to avoid this nightmare. You will study investment choices, and the risks and returns of each; investment strategies and your risk-return appetite; and behaviours that can impair effective investment decisions.
What You Will Learn?
- Investment planning and decision-making
- Savings and investment products
- Investment risks
- Investment theories – diversification, portfolio theory, capital-asset pricing model
- Investment theories – efficient market hypothesis, random walk theory, chartism
- Investment in practice – methods employed by fund managers
- Historical analysis of investment returns
- Historical investment episodes and what we learn from them
- Individual human behavioural biases and investment decision-making
- Group human behavioural biases and investment decision-making