Learn how to build and sustain your network to enhance your professional relationships and open up career opportunities.
- 4 weeks long
- 3 hours per week
- Taught by: Terry O’Sullivan
- Learn for FREE
- Upgrade for $74. What’s this?
- View Full Details
Open University Online Course Details:
Networking is a fundamental skill, which will help you take control of your career. This online course introduces the principles of networking, to help develop your personal brand in the world of work.
You will craft and get feedback on an elevator pitch about your role and talents. You will learn how to analyse the value of your connections, whether you are seeking a new job or to be more effective in your current role.
You will also find out how to create and manage your digital presence for networking on social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook.
What You will Learn?
- Nature and benefits of networking
- Barriers to networking and how to overcome them
- Frameworks for self-assessment and communicating professional strengths and interests
- Interpersonal skills including giving and receiving feedback, listening and using appropriate body language
- Online communication in a professional context
- Fundamentals of brand equity as applied to individuals
- Monitoring, evaluation and planning for improving the mutual value of networking activity